The Nigerian Army on Monday unveiled the photographs of another 55 Boko Haram terrorists it had declared wanted, bringing the number of wanted terrorists so far to 257.
The military had previously declared 202 insurgents wanted in two batches in 2015.
The photographs were unveiled at the headquarters of the Theatre Command in Maiduguri, by the Chief of Defence Staff, Gabriel Olonisakin, who enjoined Nigerians to join in search for the terrorists.
Photographs of wanted Boko Haram Terrorists
Mr. Olonisakin said that counter insurgency was a field operation which required adequate awareness by the stakeholders.
Earlier in a remark, the Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, noted that many of the 202 terrorists earlier declared wanted had either been killed or arrested during operations.
Mr. Buratai also called on Nigerians and the media with useful information about the suspects to provide it, saying that such information would be treated with “utmost confidentiality’’.
He said that the Nigerian Army had achieved significant progress in the fight against the terrorists by degrading their combat power as well as decimating their ranks.
The army chief restated that 60 per cent of the remnants of the terrorists were not Nigerians and appealed to the citizens to contribute to the efforts to flush them out of the country.
He assured the people of Kaito, Damasak, Gashiga and indeed Mallam Fatori in northern Borno that the roads leading to their communities would soon be re-opened to enable them to return before the end of 2016.