The Speaker of the Benue State House of Assembly, Hyacinth Dajoh, has finally unveiled the names of the commissioner-nominees recently submitted to the House by Governor Hyacinth Alia.
On July 27, the governor transmitted a list of commissioner-nominees to the Benue State House of Assembly for screening but failed to reveal their names, saying the identities of the nominees would be revealed during screening.
The development stirred controversy as the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) accused the governor of transmitting a ghost list to the House.
The Speaker on Tuesday unveiled the names of the nominees, saying screening would begin on Thursday, August 10.
THE FULL LIST:
1. Joyce Luga – Gboko
2. Barr Omale Omale – Apa
3. Dr Yanmar M. Ortese – Guma
4. Rev Frederick Ikyaan – Gwer West
5. Hon Ugwu Odoh – Ogbadibo
6. Hon Kwaghba Amande – Katsina-Ala
7. Matthew Aboh – Ukum
8. Hon Tiza – Imojime Buruku
9. Hon Aondowase Kunde – Konshisha
10. Prof Jonah Ogbaji – Oju
11. Barr Martin Shaager – Ushongo
12. Hon Michael Oglegba – Otukpo
13. Hon Ann Itodo – Okpokwu
14. Barr Fidelis Mnyim – Makurdi