A woman who was visiting a jade market in Ruili City, south western China’s Yunnan province on June 27, reportedly fainted after accidentally breaking a jade bracelet worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000) while trying it on.
According to Dailymail UK, unfortunately for the female tourist in China, the jade bracelet slipped out of her hand and it cracked in two after hitting the floor as footage shows the moment the woman fainted upon learning the price of the bracelet.
Jade is a luxury product in China and is seen to represent good health and a long life, and following the smash, the shop’s owner told her that the bracelet was worth 300,000 yuan (£34,000).
She was reportedly so shocked that she passed out and had to be placed on the ground by family members in order to recover.
According to witnesses, the family offered the seller 70,000 yuan (£8,000) in damages however he refused saying that was not enough for them to break even.
The bracelet was valued by an independent expert to cost around 180,000 yuan (£20,700). The family agreed to pay the owner this sum of money.