A fire outbreak on Thursday burnt a two year-old boy and property worth millions of naira at Ekuluobia Street Kpiripiri in Abakaliki, the Ebonyi capital.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the inferno occurred at about 9:50 a.m. on Thursday, November 17 – destroying 15 rooms, refrigerators, mattresses, sofa, electronics, documents, among others.
Lending voice on the incident, a victim and caretaker of the house, Mr. Stanley Nze, said:
Nze said the fire fighters were able to arrest the situation, and pleaded for assistance from the government and other well spirited individuals.
The Chief Fire Officer in the state, Mr. James Owoh, who expressed worry over the tragedy, said his men responded promptly to the situation, and regretted the loss of the little boy and other items.
The Executive Secretary, State Emergency Management Agency, Mr. ken Ozioma, condoled with the family of the deceased boy.